From my kitchen

Monday, December 31, 2012

I sure missed my kitchen while we were in the states.
Furlough = lots of eating out at restaurants and fast food.
We did get some delicious home cooked meals, which we enjoyed.
We love going out to eat too...but even that gets old after awhile.
Although I'm not the greatest cook
and I definitely don't make fancy food,
my family thinks I'm the greatest cook in the world.
So I'm getting settled in my kitchen,
getting used to preparing three meals a day again,
and TRYING to keep four growing kids full.

Puff Pancakes
quick, easy, and delicious



Homemade Eggnog
I found a recipe online and since our whole family likes eggnog this time of year, I decided I would give it a try. 
Delicious...everyone loved it!
Last time I made eggnog was about 6 or 7 years ago, but I was not real pleased with the recipe.  It was too runny and had raw egg in it.
I have now found a keeper!


Some people say the kitchen is the heart of the home,
since our family spends a lot of time there,
I guess I would have to agree.
How thankful I am for my kitchen -
a refrigerator, stove, oven, running water, sink, dishwasher, counter space,...
Sometimes I forget to be thankful for these "luxuries" until I don't have them.   

2 comments:

  1. Those puff pancakes are interesting, never heard of them before. Don't care for eggnog so much thought.

    BTW, I can totally relate. When we are on furlough we eat a ton of sandwiches and stuff we can make cause we get so tired of eating out. Sometimes ya just want a fried bologna sandwich.

    Hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those puff pancakes are interesting, never heard of them before. Don't care for eggnog so much thought.

    BTW, I can totally relate. When we are on furlough we eat a ton of sandwiches and stuff we can make cause we get so tired of eating out. Sometimes ya just want a fried bologna sandwich.

    Hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...