Our Story

Friday, May 23, 2014

My hubby and I just celebrated our 16th anniversary. 


Here is our love story.

We met just over 21 years ago on a blind date.  Yes, that's what I said, a blind date!  Ron was my brother's college room mate and I was a senior in high school.  My dad and brother thought I needed a date for our church's first Valentine Banquet.  


During the months following the banquet we had a few more dates and wrote letters to each other.  To be honest though, I was not ready to be in a serious relationship fresh out of high school.  I had a lot of growing up and maturing to do.  


We ended up attending the same Bible college for my sophomore, junior, and senior years.  During those years I watched Ron.  I saw that he was a young man of character, commitment, and faithful to his classes and job.  Each week I watched him serve the Lord by working on a bus route, cleaning and helping prepare the church for Sunday, helping in a Sunday School class, and playing the trumpet during the services.  I saw his love for the Lord in everything he did.


 It was during my senior year of college that I realized God had given me feelings for this incredible young man.  Over the years we had both grown, matured, and become friends.  But now I didn't know how to let him know I was interested in him.  So I prayed.  I didn't talk to anyone about these new feelings I now had toward a certain young man, but I told the Lord.  You'll never guess what happened next!!!   Just two months before graduation, he asked me to a banquet. ♥

   
Over the next several months we fit in as many dates as we could.  After graduation, we both took jobs in different states.  I wrote him letters (daily) and we enjoyed lots of phone calls.  He flew in to see me for Christmas and that is when he popped the big question.  Of course, I said YES!
  

Words can not express how grateful I am that God brought us together in His perfect timing.  I love being married, love the man God gave me, and love serving the Lord together. 


 photo rachelsig_zpsc246118c.jpg

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story, Mrs. Winkler. Thank you for sharing. May God bless you and give you many more years to serve Him together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your story. Very nice anniversary pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Loved your Love Story! May our wonderful Lord give you many many more years together!

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...